Meet potential musicians to collaborate with or just make friends with; chat about making music; get ideas and inspiration; learn; get great support from our friendly members who are musicians of all levels; meet mixers and producers, or make other great connections…
David Whitehall – Guitar, Singer
"A great group to be part of ... Good fun and a lovely, supportive group of people."
Joanne O’Dowd – Singer Songwriter, Acoustic Guitar, Synth Keyboard
"... I've had some fab music projects & jamming sessions with musicians I've met from the music Meetup."
Paul Crick – Piano, Synths, Guitars and Bass
"Excellent turn out of very friendly people. Lots of laughter and some great performances on the stage."
John – Singer
"First class ... Loved it. Fantastic people."
Iain Meyrick – Guitar
"Inspirational Meetup. So good to see so many musicians in a venue with the potential to become a major music hub."
Abii Musique – Vocals, Guitar
"Really great group of lovely supportive people. Glad I found them :)"
Kevin Munson – Bass and guitar
"Great supportive atmosphere for performers..."
Natalie – Harpist
"The dog house!!!!! Fab venue!!! Thanx 😁"
The meetups take place every fortnight at 2 alternating venues
The Doghouse, in Carlton on a Thursday night.
– Social/Networking – followed by Open Mic and other live music.
- Includes a bar (at the front), which is normally quiet enough for socialising and networking – which begins around 7:30pm.
- Includes a stage/venue where you can get chance to perform (open-mic) from around 8:30. They have the usual equipment and instruments, but you can bring your own.
Open Mic / Jamming Arrangements: If you want to play on the night, click here to see full information and a form to let us know you want to perform.
- It has plenty of parking space, or is easy to get to by bus (25, 27 from Victoria Centre – get off at the ‘Chesterfield Street’ stop).
The Bell Inn, Angel Row on a Saturday night.
– Social/Networking, and Jamming/Improvisation.
- Mainly taking place in the private Flynn’s Room on the first floor.
Any questions, please use the Music Makers Facebook Group at